You're all kinds of Awesome! TRUTH | Colour Challenge & Card Makers Choice

5:24:00 PM

Yesterday, a colour challenge was posted on the Stampin' Up! South Pacific Facebook page. So, I thought this would be an opportunity to combine this colour challenge with my own 'Case The Designer' challenge. You are probably the same as me - looking back on some of the earlier cards makes you laugh. Here is the card that I am going to case;


Additionally, over at Stamp Ink Paper, the challenge was 'Card Makers Choice' - which encouraged us to use our favourites;

So, combining the two, here is the card I came up with;


Stamp

I have liked this stamp set since the catalogue first came out but not yet found an opportunity to use it. So, i stamped the image in all four colours to create the background. I have to say that 'Night of Navy' is one of my new favourite colours.


Designer Series Paper

My first thought was to use solid cardstock for all of the layers. But, using the DSP in Hello Honey gave it a different feel. Sure, there is ALOT going on with this card. But, surprisingly, it seems to work.

Sentiment

If you look at my cards, you will see that I am a BIG fan of embossing. This stamp set has some fine lines on it that looks AMAZING embossed in white on dark cardstock. I added the vellum to transition between the two elements.



This was a fun card to make - and quick too. Its very easy for you to replicate with basically any sentiment. I'd love to see some of the cards that you make using this idea.

Colour Inspiration

This was a great set of colours to use.


Products Used

Click below on the image below to be taken directly to our online store. The stamp set has a whole range of sentiments to use.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Please contact me if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno

Stampin' Up! Specials



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Bruno, I love your caption on the side about the couple that stamps together, lol. Awesome, and speaking of awesome, so is your card. I love that combination of colours and I would never have been brave enough myself to combine them, but wow!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So brilliant. I have to get this set now. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog