2013 Stampin' Up! Grand Holiday - MDS Photobook Layout 15 | Trip to Kanab Manufacturing Facility 1

4:41:00 PM

The content of this double page spread (and the next few) is the day that we went to Kanab. Kanab is where the Stampin' Up Manufacturing Facility is. It was a LONG day. The alarm went off at 4:30am and we didnt get home until about 9pm (I think!). It was a one hour bus transfer to the airport, a one-ish hour flight and a two hour bus journey across the desert. And, then the same in return. But, it was WELL WORTH IT! It was an awesome day, so it will be the subject of a few more layouts as there is alot to cover. 

Back when it happened, I did a blog post of the day. Click here to see it. This will give you a sneak-peek of what is to come.

Here is the double page spread (Pages 30 and 31) - and, as you will notice, it is using items from the 2014 Saleabration Catalogue.


In case you wanted to know, here is the 'recipe' for these layouts.

Left Page (Page 30)


Layout
I selected a layout from the page presets.

Background
I selected a sheet of Designer Series Paper from the Sweet Sorbet Designer Kits. The main colour on this is Sahara Sand.

Stamps
Using the 'Arrow' stamp from the Petal Parade set, I recolored using the colours in the Saleabration catalogue. I then copied the arrow stamp multiple times to create the pattern shown.

Punches
Behind the feature stamp described above, I inserted a square punch filled with White and opacity set to 20%. I resized the square to act as a base for the stamp.

Font
This is called 'Love You Like a Sister.' This is the same font used in the Saleabration Catalogue.

Photos
The size and location of these photos was determined by the page preset. One of the photos I filled with Solid Sahara Sand.


Right Page (Page 31)


Background
I used a photo from my collection as a background on this page. This photo had been cropped an edited prior to inserting into MDS.

Stamps
I coloured the Arrow stamp from the Petal Parade white and copied multiple times. The opacity is set to 25%.

And, that is it! This was a simple, yet effective layout.


Did you miss the last layout? Click on the picture below for more information.


Interestingly, this post below has been the most popular.

Want a full recap on the Grand Holiday Photobook thus far? Here is a link to all of the pages.

Have you downloaded MDS yet? Click on the button below to download the free trial.


Why not have a look at Kylie's online store? There are lots of great clubs for you to choose from on the tabs above.


Thanks for checking out my work - I appreciate comments too!

Bruno Bertucci

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate

Search This Blog